You can do several things to enhance your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Check out our list of safety tips for simple ways to stay safe in a variety of situations.
- Prepare yourself in case an emergency happens. Learn how to keep your family safe and deal with the “what ifs?”
- Know the location of campus call boxes and courtesy phones.
- Don’t walk alone at night. Request a safety escort.
- See a suspicious package? Find out what to do.
- Have fun, but be safe. Check out Tritons Party Safer for more information.
- Riding a bike or skateboard on campus? Follow these guidelines.
- Take self-defense classes or learn how to handle the threat of an active shooter.
- Protect yourself from identity theft.
- If you see something, say something. Whether someone is acting strange or you see something that doesn’t seem right, don’t be afraid to speak up and call police.