Sexual Assault Intervention Guarantee
If you have been sexually assaulted, you have the right to report the assault to the UC San Diego Police Department. To encourage assault reporting, we offer the following guarantee.
- Meet with you privately, or you may choose to be accompanied by a friend.
- Upon request, have a female officer, if available, conduct the initial interview.
- Take your assault seriously and fully investigate the matter for you regardless of the gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or religion of those parties involved.
- Not prejudge you or your actions. Assault victims are not responsible for the criminal actions of others.
- Treat you and your case with courtesy, dignity, sensitivity and understanding.
- Assist you in arranging for your medical needs.
- Provide you with counseling referral information.
- Upon request, not release your name to the public or to the press.
- Discuss and explain the criminal justice process. You will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation.
- Continue to be available to answer your questions and to assist you as the process of the investigation or prosecution proceeds.
Make a Sexual Assault Complaint
If you believe you are a sexual assault victim, call (858) 534-HELP(4357).
As part of the university community, you can help reduce crime by supporting your police department's efforts to apprehend criminals. We urge you to report crimes and take preventive measures to reduce opportunities for criminal acts. We all share the responsibility for making our campus safe and secure.
Contact the UC San Diego Police Department Crime Prevention Unit, (858) 534-3644.