Report a Crime or Emergency
Follow these instructions to report a crime or emergency on campus, including a hate crime. Trained campus police dispatchers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to respond with police, fire or medical assistance.
Emergency or Crime in Progress
Use a phone or call box to be immediately connected with a campus police dispatcher.
Dial 9-1-1 from any phone.
- Go to a yellow emergency call box, located in most parking lots. Open the call box door, pick up the receiver and push the red button.
- Go to an emergency call box with a blue light on top, located in most parking structures. Push the button on the call box. A campus police dispatcher will talk to you through the call box speaker.
Push the button on the intercom, located under the elevator control panel. A campus police dispatcher will talk to you through the call box speaker.
You can report a non-emergency by phone or online.
- Dial (858) 534-HELP (4357) or ext. 44357 from a campus phone.
- Dial #8 from any campus pay phone.
File a report online if you have been the victim of:
- A harassment call on your personal phone
- Theft of property worth less than $1,500
- Vandalism where property damage is less than $1,500
Victims of sexual assault are legally entitled to withhold their identifying information from public release. They are also not required to make a police report, but we encourage victims to do so. See our Sexual Assault Intervention Guarantee. You can also visit CARE at the Sexual Assault Resource Center for more information on sexual violence and gender-based violence.
For more information, see Contacts.